The Rhodes Trust announced on November 17 that seven Harvard students have been awarded Rhodes Scholarships:
- Phillip Z. Yao ’13, a physics concentrator, from North Caldwell, New Jersey, and Winthrop House;
- Julian B. Gewirtz ’13, a history concentrator, from Hamden, Connecticut, and Quincy House;
- Aiden C. de B. Daly ’13, a computer science concentrator, from New York City and Quincy House;
- Nina M. Yancy ’13, a social studies concentrator, from DeSoto, Texas, and Quincy House;
- Allan J. Hsiao ’13, a concentrator in economics and East Asian studies, from Louisville, Kentucky, and Adams House; and
- Benjamin B. H. Wilcox ’13, a history concentrator, from Winnetka, Illinois, and Quincy House. (The Harvard Crimson noted that he and Gewirtz are roommates.)
Updated November 30, 2012: A Canadian Rhodes was subsequently awarded to:
- Madeleine E. Ballard ’11, a social-studies concentrator and former Quincy House resident from Baie d’Urfé, Quebec.
Seven Yale students were awarded Rhodes Scholarships, along with two from Cornell, two from Stanford, one from Brown, and two from the U.S. Naval Academy.
Updated December 13, 2012: Two Harvardians from Zimbabwe, Dalumuzi Mhlanga ’13 and Naseemah Mohamed ’12, have also been awarded Rhodes Scholarships. See “Rhodes List Adds Two.”