Events for Wednesday, May 23, include:
- ROTC commissioning with Ray Mabus, Secretary of the U.S. Navy. The ceremony will take place at 11:30 A.M. in Tercentenary Theatre.
- The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) will celebrate Centennial Medalists at a 12:15 P.M. luncheon at the Harvard Faculty Club.
- Harvard College Class Day will begin at 2 P.M. in Tercentenary Theatre, with student speeches and addresses by U.S. representative Barney Frank ’61, G ’68, IOP ’71, J.D. ’77, and comedic actor Andy Samberg. The ceremony will be broadcast live on WHRB (audio) and harvard.edu (video).
- Christine Lagarde, leader of the International Monetary Fund, will give the Kennedy School’s Commencement address at 2 P.M. in the JFK Jr. Forum.
- U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. will speak at Harvard Law School’s Class Day ceremony at 2:30 P.M. on Holmes Field.
- The Business School will celebrate Class Day with a speech by the chief operating officer of Facebook, Sheryl Sandberg ’91, M.B.A. ’95. The ceremony will take place at 2:30 P.M. on Baker Lawn.
- The Graduate School of Education’s convocation will take place at 3 P.M. in Radcliffe Yard.
- Designer Bruce Mau will address Graduate School of Design degree candidates at 4 P.M. in Gund Hall.