The Day’s Events: Thursday, May 29
Events for Thursday, May 29, include:
- Gates to Harvard Yard open at 6:45 A.M., and there will be a morning prayer service for graduating seniors at 8 A.M. in Memorial Church.
- Morning Exercises begin at 9:45 A.M. and include: honorary degree candidates; Latin salutatory; undergraduate and graduate English addresses. The ceremony will be broadcast live on WHRB (audio) and harvard.edu (video) and will end at 11:30 A.M.
- At 12 noon, there will be various luncheons and diploma awarding ceremonies at the undergraduate Houses, graduate, and professional schools.
- At noon Vivek Murthy will speak to Harvard Medical School (HMS) and Dental School degree candidates on the HMS quad.
- Afternoon Exercises, with addresses by President Drew Faust and guest speaker Michael Bloomberg, will begin at 2:30 P.M. in Tercentenary Theatre; this includes the annual meeting of the Harvard Alumni Association, with the announcement of Overseer and Director election results, and the awarding of Harvard Medals.
- Harvard School of Public Health’s Commencement ceremony will begin at 2:30 P.M. in Kresge courtyard.