The names of the newly elected members of the Board of Overseers and directors of the Harvard Alumni Association (HAA) were announced during the HAA's annual meeting on the afternoon of Commencement day.
As Overseers, to serve six-year terms, voters chose:
- Flavia B. Almeida, M.B.A. ’94, of São Paulo, Brazil; partner, The Monitor Group
- Richard W. Fisher ’71, of Dallas; president and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Verna C. Gibbs ’75, of San Francisco; general surgeon and professor in clinical surgery, University of California, San Francisco
- Nicole M. Parent ’93, of Greenwich, Connecticut; co-founder and managing partner, Vertical Research Partners, LLC, and
- Kenji Yoshino ’91, of New York City; Chief Justice Earl Warren professor of constitutional law, New York University School of Law.
For elected directors, to serve three-year terms, voters chose:
- Rohit Chopra ’04, of Washington, D.C.; policy adviser, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Tiziana C. Dearing, M.P.P. ’00, of Bedford, Massachusetts; CEO, Boston Rising
- Katie Williams Fahs ’83, of Atlanta; marketing consultant and community volunteer
- Charlene Li ’88, M.B.A. ’93, of San Mateo, California; founding partner, Altimeter Group and author
- Sonia Molina, D.M.D.-M.P.H. ’89, of Los Angeles; endodontist, and
- James A. Star ’83, of Chicago; president, Longview Asset Management.
View the full slate of candidates.